SAFFORD — Friday morning in Little Hollywood, a 5-wheel camp trailer near Hollywood Road and Vine Street was fully engulfed in flames. Safford firefighters quickly responded to knock down the blaze.

According to a Graham County Sheriff’s Office news release, the trailer was occupied by Alethia Baird, 29, and Michael Hughes, 50, both from the Tucson area. The estimated damage was unknown, but the trailer appeared to be a total loss.

The fire may have been caused by a still-lit cigarette butt that ignited some weeds, according to the news release. Baird and Hughes were allegedly smoking cigarettes in the trailer and tossing the butts outside.

The news release said the fire took place on state trust land.

Load comments