Garage fire on Saturday

A Safford home was severely damaged by smoke when a fire started in the garage Saturday.

A Safford family will have to find a new place to live for awhile after a fire in their garage caused $30,000-$50,000 worth of damage Saturday.

Safford Fire Chief Clark Bingham said it took crews about an hour to put out the fire, which was reported around 10 a.m. on 24th Street.

He believes flammable material left near a freezer may have caused the blaze.

The family can’t stay in the home due to smoke damage, but it is not a complete loss, Bingham said.

Load comments