FORT THOMAS — Heat, wind and a spark of misfortune left a home in ruins Saturday afternoon.
According to Fort Thomas Volunteer Fire Department Chief McCoy Hawkins, the residents of the home on Black Rock Road had been burning weeds earlier in the day. After checking to make sure the weed fire was out, the residents of the home went inside. Unfortunately, that was when the weed fire sprang to life once again to claim the house.
“I don’t know if the insurance adjuster has been there, but it (the home) will more than likely have to be demolished,” Hawkins said. “I asked for Pima and Thatcher’s help, and those two departments were there.”
Those who wish aid the victims of the house fire may donate through paypal at: https://www.paypal.me/KristiKelliher?fbclid=IwAR11O_kNzasGd5Zzn3Eb4TE32AxIGSalES7AKDmpSOWdnhQK7RpQkbdENcI