20201116_145124.jpg

The Safford Fire Department was called to a home in Solomon for a house fire caused by a mirror on Monday.

The Safford Fire Department responded to a small fire Monday afternoon caused by a "perfect storm," said Chief Clark Bingham.

Firefighters were dispatched to a home on San Jose Road in Solomon after the residents reported smoke inside and evacuated. When they arrived, firefighters discovered a small fire.

It turns out a mirror beside a glass window reflected sunlight onto a box of pictures, causing it  and the drapes and wall next to it to catch on fire, Bingham said. In all, it cost the homeowner roughly $1,000 worth in damages. The homeowner was tested for smoke inhalation, but was alright.

In all of his career as a firefighter, Bingham said he has only come across a similar fire once before, in 2017.

Load comments