SAFFORD — The Safford Unified School District is participating in the USDA Summer Food Service Program, and free meals are available for all area children 18 years old and younger.
There are no forms to complete, and children do not have to be students of the Safford Unified School District to participate.
All children must take one half-cup of fruit and/or vegetable with their meal.
The program began Monday, June 3, and continues through Friday, July 26. No meals will be served July 4-5.
The sites are:
• Safford Middle School cafeteria (hot breakfast and lunch), 1067 8th Ave. Breakfast 7-9 a.m. Lunch 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Ruth Powell School cafeteria (hot breakfast and lunch), 1041 S. 14th Ave., enter through the northside gate. Breakfast 7:45-9 a.m. Lunch 11 a.m. to noon
• Dorothy Stinson School cafeteria (hot dinner) 2013 S. 8th Ave. Dinner 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
• Safford Swimming Pool (sack lunch at the ramada outside the front gate), 1024 W. Main St. Lunch 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church (hot/cold breakfast and lunch), 311 S. Central Ave. Breakfast 8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Lunch 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• St. Vincent De Paul Food Bank (cool breakfast and lunch), 221 E. Main St. Breakfast 9-10 a.m. Lunch 11 a.m. to noon.
• Thatcher Splash Park (sack lunch under ramada), 3883 W. Ballpark Rd. Lunch 11 a.m. to noon.
• Daley Estates Neighborhood Park (sack lunch under ramada), 3251 S. Pinaleno Mountain Dr. Lunch 11:30 a.m. to noon.
• Mt. Graham Apartments (sack breakfast and lunch in clubhouse), 2040 S. 20th Ave. Breakfast 8:30-9:30 a.m. Lunch 11:30 a.m. to noon.
Meals must be consumed onsite. Sites are subject to change.
Look for weekly menus in the Eastern Arizona Courier all summer long. Adult lunches and dinners are available for purchase for $2.75 for lunch, and breakfasts for $2. Extra milk may be purchased for 50 cents.
For questions or specific site hours call Jon Walker at 928-348-7005 or 928-348-7056.
The USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.